Safer Shipping | Smarter Ports
Safer Shipping |
OMC is the world’s only provider of independently validated and widely operational real-time under keel clearance technology, the proprietary Dynamic Under-keel Clearance System (DUKC®). DUKC® is the standard underkeel clearance management tool adopted by more than twenty ports within Australia and internationally, and is recognised as the leading UKC management system in the world.
In addition to DUKC®, the services and systems provided by OMC to our clients include:
- Optimised channel dredging design and planning
- Under-keel clearance studies
- Horizontal navigation and vessel manoeuvrability studies
- Fast time simulations using SimFlex4 from Force Technology
- Full scale vessel motion measurement and analysis
- Probabilistic analysis and risk assessments
- Operational static UKC management (KeelCheck)
- Measured & forecast environmental data displays (PortWeather)
- Optimisation of Port throughput using our Dynamic Port Capacity Model
- Mooring analysis – deep sea, CBM, conventional and suction pad mooring systems
- Moored vessel motion and mooring line warning systems (BerthAlert)
- Hydro/meteo analysis, modelling and forecasting
- Hydro/meteo data processing and quality assurance
The optimisation of waterways is a cost-benefit exercise that balances safety, economics and environmental concerns.
OMC’s cutting edge DUKC® technology can be used to minimise dredging volumes and thereby minimise both the capital and maintenance costs of dredging operations and the environmental impacts associated with these operations.
Millions of dollars in extra costs and possible environmental damage have been saved by the conjunctive use of DUKC® optimised dredging and a DUKC® operational system.
OMC waterway design engineers are world leaders in the development and implementation of channel design and depth optimisation technology. Our unique understanding of port operations, statistical modelling techniques and UKC analysis enables us to present an accurate picture of cost-benefit to the client. Our optimisation methods enable dredging to be targeted, ensuring maximum return on investment and minimum environmental impact.