Increased understanding leads to
improved safety and more efficient waterways
Increased understanding leads to improved safety & more efficient waterways
Full-scale ship motion studies quantify actual vessel motions directly. They are essential in the validation of the numerical ship motion model on which underkeel clearance (UKC) requirements are based.
How do we do it?
Ship Motion Studies can:
- Provide accurate measurements of wave response, squat, and dynamic trim and heel
- Deliver detailed answers on the actual UKC of vessels in depth restricted waterways
- Validate the safety of a UKC regime, whether it be a static rule or dynamic regime
- Measure how passing vessels, waves, wind or currents impact on mooring line forces
- Provide displacements, velocities and accelerations for any point on or within the ship, which can be used to determine the forces such as liquefaction on cargo at sea